New Year Wishes
Just as the clock signals the arrival of New Year on the midnight of 31st December people start exchanging New Year Wishes with their dear ones. While personal greetings along with a warm hug is given to people who are with us, SMS, emails and New Year cards are sent to dear one's staying in different cities or countries. Given here are some classic and funny New Year wishes that will help you greet your dear ones in better and more special way. A good idea would be to quote these wishful messages in your gift tag. The given collection also includes some selected New Year wishes poems. These may ideally be quoted in the New Year's Day Card.
Classic New Year Wishes
- A merry Christmas to everybody! A happy New Year to the world!
- Then sing, young hearts that are full of cheer,
With never a thought of sorrow;
The old goes out, but the glad young year
Comes merrily in tomorrow
- Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each New Year find you a
- A happy New Year! Grant that I
May bring no tear to any eye
When this New Year in time shall end
Let it be said I've played the friend,
Have lived and loved and labored here,
And made of it a happy year.
- We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called "Opportunity" and its first chapter is New Year's Day.
- Resolve to make at least one person happy every day, and then in ten years you may have made three thousand, six hundred and fifty persons happy, or brightened a small town by your contribution to the fund of general enjoyment.
- Your Merry Christmas may depend on what others do for you. But your Happy New Year depends on what you do for others.
- Every new year people make resolutions to change aspects of themselves they believe are negative. A majority of people revert back to how they were before and feel like failures. This year I challenge you to a new resolution. I challenge you to just be yourself.
- Glory to God in highest heaven,
Who unto man His Son hath given;
While angels sing with tender mirth,
A glad new year to all the earth
- This bright new year is given me
To live each day with zest
To daily grow and try to be
My highest and my best!
- And may we live in a world at peace and with the awareness of God's love in every sunset, every flower's unfolding petals, every baby's smile, every lover's kiss, and every wonderful, astonishing, miraculous beat of our heart.
- In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship, never in want.
- May this New Year equip you with good luck, good health, good fortune and good times! Happy New Year!
- May your New Year be spent in pomp and splendour and the upcoming year in love and peace! Happy New Year!
- I wish this New Year provides you enough reasons to be happy and you have uncountable days filled with joy and mirth!
- People look forward to a new year to start afresh and turn over a new leaf. All the best for that and have a wonderful year ahead!
- Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one, hurrah! Its New Year already! Enjoy loads and have a great time ahead.
- Counting my blessing and greeting you more. I wish you enjoy this New Year and it doesn’t make you bore. As we take a step further in life, hope love and happiness is all that God pours! May you have a wonderful new year!
- Best wishes to my beloved friend for an amazing year ahead. May the sunshine of happiness always shine above you. May the dove of peace rest over you and live in your home. May the dense forest of love surround you all year round. May you have a lovely New Year.
New Year Wishes for Friends
- Wishing you a Happy New Year with the hope that you will have many blessings in the year to come.
- A new year is like a blank book, and the pen is in your hands. It is your chance to write a beautiful story for yourself. Happy New Year.
- I would just like to express how much joy you have given me, and wish for your joy and happiness in return. Happy New Year!
- Out with the old, in with the new: may you be happy the whole year through. Happy New Year!
- Friends bring happiness throughout the year! Especially a friend like YOU! Happy New Year.
- Oh my Dear, Forget your fear, let all your dreams be clear, never put tears, please hear, I want to tell one thing in your Ear. Wishing u a Very Happy New Year!
- Fill your life with happiness & bright cheer, bring to you joy and prosperity fro the whole year, and it’s my New Year Wish for You Dear. Happy New Year.
- Despite of the distance between us, I feel you close to me cause of the friendship you shine into my soul have a heart filling New Year. Wishing you a HAPPY NEW YEAR
- May you smiles change, your wishes change, your aims change, but our friendship remains this same through the year. Happy New Year 2017
- Hope you fly high on the wings of success this year...Happy New Year 2017
- Thank you for true friendship, the laughter and memories, this new year, I hope and pray that all your wishes come true! Happy New Year 2017
New Year Wishes for Family
- The countdown has begun and it is the time to welcome the New Year with a fresh mind and heart. Have a rocking Happy New Year.
- May every day of the New Year glow with good cheer & happiness for you and your family. Happy New Year 2017
- May you have a very warm and joyful year ahead, May you get what you truly desire, have a great New Year ahead, wish you & your family Happy New Year
- Wishing our friends and family a joyous holiday filled with peace, love, and prosperity. Best wishes for a healthy New Year. Happy New Year 2017
- A family like ours lights up every year with happiness and joy! And I am Lucky to be a part of it! Happy New Year 2017
- May you welcome this New Year with warm smiles carved in your face and sweeter memories to cherish the day. Happy New Year
- Wishing a very Happy New Year to the one who adds sunshine to your family.
- May this New Year bring the happiest and the most memorable times that we get to spend as a family to be framed in gold in our minds forever. Wishing you and your family Happy New Year 2017!!
- A relaxed mind, a joyful spirit, A Peaceful Soul. And a heart full of love-wish you get everything in the New Year. Wishing you a very Happy New Year 2017
- Happy New Year to you! Wish this year brings to the warmth of love and illuminates your path of life towards a positive direction. Happy New Year 2017
Funny New Year Wishes
- May your hair, your teeth, your face-lift, your abs and your stocks not fall; and may your blood pressure, your triglycerides, your cholesterol, your white blood count and your mortgage interest not rise.
- May you get a clean bill of health from your dentist, your cardiologist, your gastro-enterologist, your urologist, your proctologist, your podiatrist, your psychiatrist and your plumber.
- May what you see in the mirror delight you, and what others see in you delight them. May someone love you enough to forgive your faults, be blind to your blemishes, and tell the world about your virtues.
- May New Year's Eve find you seated around the table, together with your beloved family and cherished friends. May you find the food better, the environment quieter, the cost much cheaper, and the pleasure much more fulfilling than anything else you might ordinarily do that night.
- May the telemarketers wait to make their sales calls until you finish dinner, may the commercials on TV not be louder than the program you have been watching, and may your check book and your budget balance - and include generous amounts for charity.
- May you remember to say "I love you" at least once a day to your spouse, your child, your parent, your siblings; but not to your secretary, your nurse, your masseuse, your hairdresser or your tennis instructor.
New Year Wishes Poems
- New Year Wishes
I wish you Health...
So you may enjoy each day in comfort.
- I wish you the Love of friends and family...
And Peace within your heart.
- I wish you the Beauty of nature...
That you may enjoy the work of God.
- I wish you Wisdom to choose priorities...
For those things that really matter in life.
- I wish you Generosity so you may share...
All good things that come to you.
- I wish you Happiness and Joy...
And Blessings for the New Year.
- I wish you the best of everything...
That you so well deserve.
- HAPPY NEW YEAR FRIEND!
Here are My Wishes for You...
H ours of happy times with friends and family
A bundant time for relaxation
P lenty of love when you need it the most
Y outhful excitement at lifes simple pleasures
N ights of restful slumber (you know - dont' worry be happy)
E verything you need
W ishing you love and light
Y ears and years of good health
E njoyment and mirth
A angels to watch over you
R embrances of a happy years!
May the New Year bring these Wishes to you all...
Warmth of love, comfort of home
Joy from your children
Company and support of family & friends
A caring heart that accepts & treats all human beings equally
Enrichment of knowledge and richness of diversity
Courage to seek & speak the truth even if it means standing alone
Hopes and dreams of a just world and the desire to make it happen
A light to guide your path
Helping hands to strengthen unity
Serenity and peace within your mind, heart & soul
Food for thought & soul
A hand to hold
My Wishes for You...
Happiness deep down within.
Serenity with each sunrise.
Success in each facet of your life.
Family beside you.
Close and caring friends.
Health, inside you.
Love that never ends.
Special memories of all the yesterdays.
A bright today with much to be thankful for.
A path that leads to beautiful tomorrows.
Dreams that do their best to come true.
Appreciation of all the wonderful things about you.
My Wishes for You...
I look to the new year and my wish for you;
Peace within your heart
Love from family and friends
Faith to guide your way
Hope to to make it through each day
Sunshine to light the day
Heavenly Stars to wish upon
Rainbows to to let you know there is a tomorrow
A tear to show compassion
A heart to hold the love
But most of all I wish for you
to feel my hand in yours,
To know I am here if you stumble or fall.
To bring you cheer, to bring you love,
to return the love you always share with me.
New Year Wish...
Perhaps a bit wiser,
a bit kinder, too,
a little bit braver,
a heart that's more true,
a touch of believing
I've not known before,
in joys I'm receiving
a little bit more.
A little more anxious
to reach out my hand,
despite hurt or problems
to still understand
accepting the heartache
that life often brings,
a little more beauty
in life's simple things.