New Year Recipes
Add zest to this years New Year celebrations by making yummy and lip-smacking dishes! Given here is a collection of New Year recipes inclusive of snacks, drinks, cakes and desserts. Try them out for your family and friends and delight them with your culinary skills. In case you too have an interesting New Year special recipe, please share it with us and help us better this page. Your recipe will be posted on this page along with your name.
List of New Year's Recipes
2 cups: Flour
1 tsp: Dry yeast
1 tsp: Oil
1 tsp: Sugar
Salt to taste or 1 tsp
Lukewarm water to knead doughv Filling: Vegetarian or non-vegetarian (as
per your choice)
Oil to deep fry
- Dissolve sugar in 1 cup lukewarm water.
- Sprinkle dry yeast over it and leave in a draught - free place to
- Now, sieve the flour, add salt and rub in the 1 tsp oil.
- Knead into a soft dough till the dough feels firm and elastic and no
- Place dough in a deep vessel, well dusted with flour, and cover
vessel with cling film or a thick damp cloth. Keep in a draught-free
place to rise.
- Shape dough into small balls. Roll into flat rounds.
- Place filling in the center, lengthwise and cover to seal from all
sides, using water to pinch and seal. Deep fry till brown and serve.
1 no: French bread, halved length-wise
250 gm: Cooked beetroot-peeled and sliced
150 gm: Sauted mushrooms-sliced
100 gm: Sliced cheese
1 no: Apple, sliced
2 tbsp: Olive oil / melted butter
1 tsp: Chopped garlic
1 tbsp: Olive oil
1 tbsp: Basil leaves
1 tbsp: Olive oil
Pepper to season
A handful of young beetroot leaves
A dash of red wine/ vinegar
A squeeze of lemon juice
A dash of olive oil for finish
- Brush the bread with oil mixed with garlic.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Place under a grill to color.
- Set beetroot slices aside.
- Toss leaves in a pan with wine, lemon juice and oil.
- Allow it to wilt over a moderate flame.
- Toss apple and basil in hot oil. Season it.
- Arrange all ingredients on the bread in any order.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkling of olive oil over the top.
Sweet French Toast
8 slices of one day old bread
3 no: Eggs
125 ml: Cream
1 1/2 tbsp: Castor Sugar
1/2 tsp: Grated sweet lime rind
1 tbsp: Orange juice
1 tsp: Cinnamon powder
100 gm: Butter
Sifted icing sugar
- Whisk eggs, cream, sugar, rind, spice and juice together.
- Dip bread into egg mixture.
- Heat half the butter in a frying pan. Add half the bread. Cook until
golden on both sides.
- Repeat with remaining butter and bread.
- Serve toast dusted with icing sugar and accompanied with a little
fruit if you wish.
Dahi ke Kabab
1-1/2 cups: Hung yogurt
1/4 cup: Besan (chick pea flour) - dry roasted over low heat till slightly
1 tbsp: Finely chopped coriander leaves
2 tbsp: Finely chopped onions
1 tsp: Finely chopped green chillies
1 tsp: Roasted and powdered cumin seeds
1 tsp: Salt
Oil / Ghee - for frying
- Mix all the ingredients except the ghee, and chill for an hour.
- Shape the mixture into flat rounds (like tikkis) and pan fry over
medium heat till brown on both sides. The kababs are quite soft, so you
have to handle them carefully.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
Gajar ki Kanji
250 gm: Carrots-preferably the dark variety (called kaali gajar)
3 tbsp: Powdered mustard seeds
6 cups: Water
2 tbsp: Salt
- Peel the carrots, and cut them into approx. 7 cm / 3" pieces,
not too thin (about finger size).
- Boil the water and add the carrots to it. When the water comes to a
boil again, shut off the heat and leave to cool.
- Add the salt and the mustard powder, and transfer into a jar with a
lid, and keep this in the sun, to mature.
- In sunny weather, it takes 3-4 days, for the taste of the mustard to
- Do not keep the jar in the sun, after it is ready.
6 tbsp: Cocoa
2 no: Eggs
50 gm: Chopped walnuts
150 gm: Flour
100 ml: Milk
200 gm: Sugar
100 gm: Butter
- Melt the butter, sugar, cocoa and milk together.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Stir to mix.
- Bake in a square baking tin at 180 degree C for 25 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.
250 ml: Yoghurt
3 tbsp: Flour
1 tsp: Roasted Fennel Seeds
3-4 tbsp: Ghee / oil for frying
For Sugar Syrup
200 gm sugar
200 ml water
Rind of 1 sweet lime
- Mix yoghurt, flour and fennel seeds.
- Stir until a smooth batter is formed.
- Heat ghee / oil in a pan and make dumplings by frying a spoonful of
the batter at a time over a gentle flame.
- Remove from the pan and drain.
- Prepare the syrup with sugar, water and rind. Dip the malpuas into
- Garnish with sweet lime segments and cream. Decorate with silver
- Serve hot / cold.