250 ml: Yoghurt
3 tbsp: Flour
1 tsp: Roasted Fennel Seeds
3-4 tbsp: Ghee / oil for frying
For Sugar Syrup
200 gm sugar
200 ml water
Rind of 1 sweet lime
- Mix yoghurt, flour and fennel seeds.
- Stir until a smooth batter is formed.
- Heat ghee / oil in a pan and make dumplings by frying a spoonful of the batter at a time over a gentle flame.
- Remove from the pan and drain.
- Prepare the syrup with sugar, water and rind. Dip the malpuas into the syrup.
- Garnish with sweet lime segments and cream. Decorate with silver leaf.
- Serve hot / cold.